Tenergy Renair Air Air purifier overview – The Gadgeteer
REVIEW – Clear air is admittedly vital for good well being and one thing we don’t typically take into account sufficient. Within the bay space, the latest wildfires have saved it prime of thoughts, however we even have frequent “spare the air” days that prohibit wooden burning for air high quality causes. I’ve delicate seasonal allergy symptoms, whereas my daughter has persistent environmental allergy symptoms so we bought a really costly unit for her bed room which has labored nice, however haven’t accomplished a lot to handle the remainder of the home. Our two canines don’t assist the allergy state of affairs both, however they’re household so we handle. Tenergy has just lately launched their Renair Air Air purifier and requested if we’d wish to overview it, so over the past month we’ve been placing it to the check. How’s it work? Fast reply? Fairly darn nicely. Learn on…
It’s kinda proper there within the title… The Renair Air air purifier. However in brief, it’s an air purifying gadget that makes use of a 3-stage HEPA filter and a destructive ion generator to scrub the air wherever its positioned.
What’s within the field?
- Tenergy Renair Air Air purifier (TAP01)
- True HEPA air filter (already contained in the unit, however in a plastic bag)
- Instruction guide, guarantee card, product assist information
- (Photos to not scale)
Filter techniques: True HEPA air filter, Activated carbon filter, Cathelicidin-coated layer
Efficacy: 99 Airborne particles eliminated
Fan and supply: Three pace fan, Clear air supply fee (CADR) of 82 cubic ft/minute, 140 cubic meter/hour
Optimum room measurement: as much as 210 sq. ft
Dimensions and weight: 18×8.6
Rated energy: 37w w/ 6.25′ energy wire
Different specs/options: Damaging ion generator, night time mild, contact controls
Design and options
The Renair Air Air purifier is a cylindrical gadget with a comparatively small 9″ sq. footprint. The air consumption is across the backside and the clear air is output on the prime. Tenergy has utilized an uneven design all through this and it makes for a enjoyable look in addition to a bit little bit of a state of affairs the place it’s not fully clear the place the entrance of the unit is until it’s on or you possibly can see the facility wire.
The underside of the unit is the place the filter is housed which you’ll see within the setup part. Right here I wished to name out the fan and the decrease cavity which pulls the air by way of the 360º facet intakes, by way of the 3-stage HEPA filter and up into the unit.
Tenergy has additionally chosen to generously apply the usage of LEDs.
Let’s transfer on to getting the Renair up and working.
After eradicating the unit from the field, the setup is straight ahead. Flip the air purifier the wrong way up.
Utilizing the deal with, flip the bottom (filter cowl) counter clockwise and take away to disclose the filter.
Pull the filter from the cavity and take away the plastic bag. Applause for not growing packaging measurement to have the filter outdoors the unit, however would have appreciated to see some sort of warning label straight on the unit to ensure the bag is eliminated earlier than turning the unit on. (Not all of us learn directions).
Place the filter again into the unit and lock the duvet into place with a clockwise flip, then upright the unit. Lastly there’s a protecting movie on the highest of the unit you’ll in all probability need to take away.
Tenergy recommends 15″ of clearance on all sides of the unit for correct air consumption. Maintain this in thoughts as you resolve the place to position the unit.
Past the above arrange, it’s principally turning the unit on once you need it working. The settings are all contact controls with 3-position choices for the fan and nightlight, a filter alternative indicator and particular person on/off controls for energy, night time mode and the destructive ion generator. Right here’s what that appears like.
As I discussed above, I’ve some delicate seasonal allergy symptoms and with my daughter’s room lined I wished to see how this unit would assist in my very own bed room. Moreover the apparent allergen discount, one of many different key options listed in Tenergy’s description was odor elimination. Each of our canines sleep within the bed room, The larger man on his flooring mattress, and the smaller one in a crate that’s beneath a large, hide-the-crate nightstand on my facet of the mattress.
A byproduct of our room additionally being their room is that it tends to harbor a canine odor that finds you once you stroll into the room. It’s most noticeable when one returns from a visit as we’re in any other case successfully nose-blind at dwelling everyday. Evidently I used to be desperate to see if the Renair might assist on this matter as nicely.
If you flip the unit on, the very first thing you’ll discover is the blue LEDs on the highest of the unit highlighting the totally different controls. Except you’re organising this unit at the hours of darkness, you gained’t notice simply how vibrant these are. We’ll get again to that in a minute.
Each time you flip the unit on, it routinely begins on the medium fan pace. The pace choose button will toggle between quick, gradual after which medium once more with repeated presses.
Equally, the nightlight is on shade altering by default so if it’s not your factor, press as soon as to modify to single shade and once more to toggle off. In altering mode it slowly cycles between blue, inexperienced and pink. Right here’s a photograph of what that appears like.
This characteristic is supposedly there to lull you to sleep, nevertheless it undoubtedly didn’t work for me. Felt like extra of a light-weight present. Off it went.
The destructive ion generator can be on by default. In accordance with Tenergy, destructive ions will connect to particles within the air permitting simpler removing by the air purifier and thereby additional enhancing the standard of the air. This looks like an excellent factor, so I left this characteristic on all through testing.
One other characteristic talked about is quiet operation. That is undoubtedly true with the fan in gradual pace or the all-inclusive night time mode. The medium and excessive speeds do kick up the operation quantity a bit. I discovered the medium pace to be the suitable stability of quantity and a “white noise” which helps me sleep and in addition retains the canines from reacting to any random noises from outdoors the home.
So again to the LEDs and night time mode. The blue glow is actually vibrant. I’m not a fan of LEDs on the whole, particularly within the room the place I sleep.
Hitting the night time mode button kills all of the lights, which is superior. Nonetheless, it additionally reduces the fan pace which kills the white noise impact I wished. The closest choice to an in-between is leaving it on medium after which toggling off the night time mild impact which doesn’t change any of the blue mild from the highest of the unit. This glow continues to be a lot brighter than something I need within the bed room, however every little thing else in regards to the unit feels spot on.
My answer was to make a fast prime cowl from black gaffers faucet that I lay on prime of the unit to cover the lights. The contact panel is ready to learn presses by way of the tape, so I simply drew the icons that I must press. Energy and night time mild.
So, what’s my take after a month of use? Let’s bullet it out…
- On odor: I needed to take a 10 day journey out of nation a couple of week into utilizing the Renair. I can let you know that a lot time away undoubtedly resets your nostril for arriving dwelling. I’m glad to report that I observed a big lack of canine aroma after I opened the door to the bed room.
- On allergy symptoms: Since organising the unit, I’ve not skilled any allergy associated or respiratory points which I can straight attribute to the Renair because it was not unusual for me to be stuffed up within the morning.
- On noise: As talked about, I recognize the white noise impact and there’s not often an evening that I don’t flip it on. When I’ve forgotten, the canines sometimes remind me as they reply to some canine howling off within the distance or the wind whipping one thing down the skin stairs. As a plus, that energy button is nicely positioned on the entrance of the highest of the unit and it’s simple to hit by really feel, with the following one off being the button to show off that accursed night time mild.
- One month: Pulled the filter at present to take a peek and it was not noticeably soiled. I’ll possible preserve doing this at month-to-month intervals or if I immediately discover a drop in efficiency.
Some further issues to know…
- Filter alternative relies on an automatic 6-month timer, not any sort of sensor that tells you the filter is clogged or spent. You’ll want to determine in case your explicit state of affairs requires extra frequent changing.
- Ought to it is advisable to exchange the filter “off-cycle” you in all probability gained’t use the 6-month timer, however must you need to reset it… Unplug the unit, reconnect to energy and with out turning on…  press and maintain “exchange filter” for Three seconds (pink LED will activate)  repeat for Three seconds (pink LED will flip off). Reset is completed.
- It’s cool that they’ve minimized the retail packaging by nesting the filter in its compartment, nevertheless it does create a state of affairs the place a shopper might unpack the unit and switch it on with out eradicating the bag on the filter first. A bit of pink tape or one thing may very well be used as a fast indicator that there’s a step to complete first.
- When it does come time to needing a brand new filter, there’s a helpful QR code within the guide to take you to an Amazon order web page the place you possibly can presently decide one up for $23.
What I like
- The three-stage filter appears to work as meant.
- The worth. Considerably lower than different options.
- The quantity. Whereas quiet in gradual mode, medium is a pleasant white noise stage.
- The footprint. Fairly small in comparison with some older HEPA models I’ve used.
What must be improved
- Setting for all LEDs to remain off.
- Setting to alter defaults to your preferences.
I’m actually pleased with the Renair Air Air purifier. It has saved my sinuses clear and solved a canine odor that we’d beforehand solely been capable of masks. The unit is extremely quiet in it’s low and night time mode settings and I just like the white noise stage of the medium setting. In the event you wrestle with allergy symptoms, or simply need cleaner air, it is a stable machine at a really cheap value.
Assist The Gadgeteer:
The Gadgeteer’s most important sources of income are promoting and affiliate hyperlinks in articles like this one. Meaning we might obtain a small fee on purchases for free of charge to you.